Today is day one of life as a stay at home mom ... again! My position was terminated yesterday. It was quite a surprise and honestly I am heartbroken. Working in the non-profit world is emotional work for many. For me I put my heart into it and my belief in the organizations potential consumed me.
My mind knows it is for the best. As work demanded more and more, my family was seeing me less and less. So what will I do with that day off I always wanted ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chrisine I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your job. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I lost mine. Are looking for something new or taking some time off? Good luck either way.
Christine - I too am sorry about your job. After talking to you at the convention I could tell how important it was to you. Alas, our most important job, our kids, is still there and always will be! I don't think as mom's we give ourselves enough credit for the job that never ends. Good luck in whatever you decide to do, but please know that what you do with your children is just as important as any "paid" job there is. (and I say that as a reminder to myself too!) Jeanne
Post a Comment